Saturday, August 8, 2009

Dink Dank Dunk - Our journey from childless to childfree, with a dank, dark, depressing dip along the way.

Initially I wasn't sure I'd have anything worthwhile to share on a blog. Looking back, though, there is not only my own experience at work in the infertility field, mixed with the charitable work I added to help share what I learned at work. There is my own diagnosis when it was finally made, and my firsthand experience with treatment, to acceptance.

I grew up with an unexplained but seemingly inconsequential medical issue that doctors initially said was nothing much. I graduated and got a job that included inspecting and regulating sperm banks. When I received a proper diagnosis myself, I entered the world of infertility as a full-fledged participant.

We endured the merry-go-round of treatment. It included years of poking and prodding, shots and sonograms, crying and cursing along the circuitous route through it all. We attended meetings of Resolve. Then when treatments failed, we attended classes on adoption, and then foster care. Now we have arrived, approaching our 50th year, with satisfaction and acceptance of our lives. Maybe that is worth capturing in writing.

This blog is a look back to what we went through, and a look forward to anticipate the future.

More coming soon...

1 comment:

  1. I just stumbled onto your blog and am adding you to my Google Reader. I am 48 & my dh is 52, & we got off the IF rollercoaster 8 years ago. I'm still working on total acceptance, but time has been a great healer, and the support I've found online has helped enormously.

    Love the title, and the illustration!! Looking forward to future posts from you!

    ReplyDelete